How can PROPERCORN be used to create delicious summertime meals? Well you will find out here as we hand over to the PROPERCORN team for some inventive popcorn recipes.
Ever since Cassandra Stavrou popped the first batch of PROPERCORN, we’ve been passionately creating snacks without the compromise. All our flavours begin in the PROPERCORN kitchen and are made using the best quality, natural ingredients. Every pack has delicious depth of flavour, from the first hit to the last kernel.
When it comes to mealtimes, we take the same approach. Breakfast, lunch or dinner we want something fresh, natural but deliciously satisfying. Just because it’s lighter, it shouldn’t taste of less.
In this series we will be bringing some bright, summery recipes created by Ed, the PROPERCORN chef, which showcase our award-winning popcorn flavours. Croutons, crumbs and even ice cream; our distinctively-crunchy, butterfly corn can add an amazing hit of texture and flavour to some of your favourite recipes/dishes.
Forget that ice cream maker you’ve never used, this is the simplest way to make your own and is a brilliant way of using up old bananas. Perfectly paired with our Peanut Butter & Almond PROPERCORN to make a guilt free mid-afternoon snack for when it’s getting a bit too hot outside.
Make sure it’s Done Properly: Eat outside, come rain or shine, for that proper summertime feeling.
Serves: Makes 1 tub
5-6 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
1 can of coconut milk
2 x PROPERCORN Smooth Peanut and Almond
400g strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
100g caster sugar 1 vanilla pod
1) Lay the banana on a baking tray and cover with cling film. Place in the freezer for at least an hour.
2) Slice the vanilla pod in half and scrape the seeds out. Place in the pan, with the pod, strawberries, sugar and water. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer, stirring often.
3) Once the strawberries have softened, mash with a fork. If too dry, add some more water and continue cooking for five minutes. Using a sieve, push with a spoon and strain over a bowl. Return to the pan and simmer until the rhubarb has a syrup consistency. Remove from the heat and keep warm or chill to thicken.
4) Using a food processor, blitz the PROPERCORN until fine, light and fluffy. Add the frozen banana pieces and coconut milk and whizz until smooth.
5) Serve drizzled with the strawberry syrup and a handful of PROPERCORN.
Words by Team Propercorn
Want the latest posts, offers and exclusive tickets straight to your inbox? Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out again.